Monday 14 August 2017

Carols of Christmas - Decks the halls again


If you enjoyed Friday's Carols of Christmas card, hopefully you'll be happy I have two more cards to share with you today using the Carols of Christmas stamp & die bundle. This time in traditional shades of red & green.

I do like a Christmas bauble so it was fun to see two bauble stamps & coordinating dies in the bundle. I've used them very simply here with an asymmetrical layout.


The baubles are quick to stamp/cut as they're made in groups of three. I added a some individual baubles & strings, and popped some baubles up with mini-dimensionals.

I also played around with the sentiment, extending the serifs on the 'k' in deck so I could hang a bauble from it. Fun!


More baubles inside too, with a sentiment from Holly Berry Happiness.


I went for a brighter Christmas look for this one - thanks to the emerald envy & real red combination.


I am loving the totally clever corner dies in the set, which I LOVE. They're perfect for Christmas poinsettias or all year round flowers. I realise now it may be hard to see that the white panel has corner cut-outs. The whole white panel is popped up with dimensionals giving a really shadow look irl. Not sure you can see it here either but...


I stamped the sentiment, cut out the decorative corners, then popped the cut piece onto an emerald  envy piece (with dimensionals).  I then stamped & cut seven poinsettias & layered them over the negative cuts. Very cleverly, these flowers can be cut out with both corner dies in the set - definitely a time saver when you're making Christmas cards.

I kept the rest of the card simple, using a simple check print from the Pick a Pattern dsp pack. Pick a Pattern isn't a Christmas dsp pack, but I think this print works here.

Inside is again very simple, but carries over the colour & image them.


This card has had a mixed response. Some really like it & others not so much  (darling husband, I'm looking at you). Truthfully, I'm on the fence. I don't loath it, but I don't love it either & can't figure out why... maybe too much green? Either way, I hope it gives you some ideas to try. I have another card to share using the corner dies next time that I do LOVE, so pop back again soon to see more.

Until then, inky wishes from me.
Di

PS: Remember the Carols of Christmas bundle I've used is available to order this month, before the Holiday Catalogue officially begins in September.


Speaking of the Holiday Catalogue... here's a peek. Let me know if you'd like me to mail one to you, ready for September.


Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.


Deck the Halls with baubles

Product List
Big Shot
$159.00


Deck the Halls - Poinsettias
Print Recipe

Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: