Monday 12 December 2016

Christmas Star of Light 3 - elegant navy & silver

Stars are one of my favourite Christmas images, plus I love navy, silver & white so it's no surprise that today's card is my fave Star of Light card so far.


Like my other Star of Light cards, it's quick to make with simple lines but this has a very elegant feel. I had trouble capturing the embossing in the first pic so here's a better look at it.


I love the look of the Elegant Dots embossing folder combined with the stars, but I've also used the Softly Falling folder & it worked really well too. The white panel is raised up with our foam strips too rather than dimensionals so you'd really see the depth of the window & show off the intricate,  glimmery star.

Tip - cutting star windows: You can cut star windows using two of the Starlight dies in the set - the star framelit or the solid thinlit die that makes the folded version. This means you can cut 2 fronts in 1 pass - great for making multiple cards.

On the inside I cut the intricate star from a white piece & mounted it onto a navy panel & combined two sentiments together. This extra layer balanced the possible front-heaviness of the card.


So, what do you think? Like this one? Here's a final pic showing the front & inside, so you can pin for later inspiration.
 

Thanks for visiting today. I have one more Star of Light card to share for now so pop back again tomorrow for another idea.  If you've missed my other Star of Light cards, see them here.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: Remember to order the discounted Star of Light bundle by 3 January, 2016

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.


Big Shot
$159.00


No comments: