Monday 21 November 2016

Last Christmas - Ornaments, boxes & today's deal!

Since it's getting close to Christmas time AND some of the main goodies I used are on sale today only, here's a quick blitz of love for my fave Christmas ornaments ever, with some projects that didn't make my blog last Christmas. Make sure you check out the savings at the bottom of the post before you go.

Gift Box & Ornament Tag with Reindeer jar

First up, here's a sweet Christmas gift idea for friends, teachers & anyone who loves a reindeer or a cute box.


I made these for my SU team last Christmas. The box was super quick to make with the Gift Box Punch Board & is stepped up with a beautifully detailed ornament tag made with the
Delicate Ornaments die set & Christmas Greetings die set. Here's another version.




Reindeer Jars


The sweet little reindeer jar was based on this cute reindeer card by Carolyn Bennie. I thought he'd be perfect to dress up a jar of treats. I included a hanging enamelled metal Christmas tree ornament.

The reindeer is so easy to make with circle punches (2, 1, & 1/2 inches) & the tree builder punch. I used corrugated kraft card & red foil, which is sadly no longer available, but our 12x12 kraft card & red glimmer paper would work just as well too.

I got the jars from Ikea  & the enamelled metal ornaments from Kmart. year, I spied the ornaments again last week in Kmart if you'd like some.

Ornament Pop Up Slider Card


I made this card with my class lovelies last year but somehow missed sharing it here. It's the same as
size & basic design as this Christmas dove card I shared here too.

Pop up sliders are so much easier to make than they may look.  I don't have time to share a tutorial today but if you'd like me to share on how to make them, leave a comment to let me know.


I backed the ornaments in vellum so they look translucent when popped up. So easy with the outline & detailed ornament dies, & a punched circle does a great job on the back of the detailed circle ornament.


This is how it looks when flat. Pulling the tag lifts the sliding pop up panel & exposes the sentiment. Easier to post too! The sentiments I've used are retired but you could easily substitute them for others.




Easy ornament card


This card layout is so easy for fast cards. It's all about shine with the foiled vellum & foil ornament but would look just as good with just ink & card.

Here's the ornament up close.


So, if you love these ornament projects, do check out the special deals below, available today only.  Even if you miss the deal though, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use from these beautiful stamps & dies.

 Online Extravaganza - ornaments, boxes & lots more!


21 November 2016 - The Gift Box Punch Board and Embellished Ornaments stamp set
Delicate Ornaments die are on sale TODAY ONLY.  Please ensure you use the links to the special Ornament Bundles below as the individual items are not discounted.


Embellished Ornaments stamp set & Delicate Ornaments dies Discount Bundles
146004 Wood mount bundle $78.40  Normally $98.00
146005 Clear mount bundle $67.20  Normally $84.00

135863 Gift Box Punch Board - $22.40  Normally $32 - save 30%

There are so many goodies on sale from 21-28 November so...
See all the Online Extravaganza deals here on my blog or in my online store.

Thanks for visiting today & I hope I've given you some more Christmas ideas to try. Remember to pin the projects for later inspiration too.

Inky wishes, Di


Supplies

Important: November 21st, 2016 orders for Embellished Ornaments & Delicate Ornaments
Use these discount bundle links to order rather than the individual picture links in the project lists below.

146004 Embellished Ornaments / Delicate Ornaments Wood mount bundle $78.40  Normally $98.00
146005 Embellished Ornaments / Delicated Ornaments Clear mount bundle $67.20  Normally $84.00

Gift Boxes & Reindeer Jar



Pop up slider ornament card

No comments: