Monday 23 June 2014

My convention treat pouches

I can't believe it's already been a month since Sth Pacific SU Convention in Melbourne. I could go on all day about the four wonderful days of fabulous friends, fun, fantastic ideas & inspiration, but today I'd like to share a little convention project. Each year, I like to make a little something to share with friends - generally including some sort of chocolate treat. This year I made little gusseted treat pouches with my trusty envelope punch board (EPB).
The idea was a happy accident discovered while playing with little scored pouches & envelopes with the EPB. I had a thought to combine the two - luckily it worked!  Unfortunately my little brainstorm happened just before I left for Melbourne so most of the actual pouches were actually made in my room the night before convention started (explaining the very rustic pics taken on my dull balcony).

The pouches are really quick & easy to make with the EPB, but I don't have time to share instructions today. Just leave me a comment if you'd like me to put together a tute & if I get enough requests, I'll make one for you all :-)... it's now done. See bottom of post :-)
Anyway, here's a closer look at my original design.
This one used Retro Fresh DSP for the pouch with Flower Shop & Perfect Pennants stamps to decorate. Here it is open...
& from the side so you can see the gusset (click for a bigger pic).
The next 2 pouches were a popular variation on the original. These were quicker to make as I could punch both flag pieces using the hexagon punch (the original was cut by hand). Btw, I coloured the flower with my pink pirouette marker. Purty!
 
Sorry again for the not so great pics. Thanks very much for visiting & remember to leave a comment if you'd like me to share the instructions for the pouches.
Inky wishes, Di

Edited 29 June 2014Tutorial is done & posted! See & download it from this post :-)

Supplies (all SU unless stated)
Stamps: Flower Shop, Perfect Pennants, Regarding Dahlias (hi)
Card/Paper: Retro Fresh DSP, Gingham Garden DSP, tangerine tango, pool party, strawberry slush, whisper white , very vanilla card
Ink: tangerine tango, bermuda bay, coastal cabana, strawberry slush ink pads, pink pirouette marker
Accessories: mini glue dots, dimensionals, velcro dots (non su)
Tools: Envelope Punch Board, pansy punch, hexagon punch, stamp-a-ma-jig

39 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! I would love see a tutorial with measurements! :)

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks Angie :-)

Anonymous said...

I am interested in the instructions! Thanks.

Alison said...

Yes, please! Instructions! These are so cute and versatile.

Alison said...

Yes, please! Instructions! These are so cute and versatile.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks anonymous :-)

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks Alison :-)

Anonymous said...

Darling treat pouches. I bet they were a hit! I would love to see a tutorial. TFS!

Joanie said...

very cute, I would like to see instructional, very nice idea

Juliette said...

Gorgeous, Di, thanks for sharing - and YES, PLEASE, for the instructions, just what I have been looking for....thanks!

Anne-Marie said...

They are super cute!! And a YES PLEASE for the instructions ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes! I would love a tutorial!

Anita said...

Loved your pouches! I am always looking for cute and quick projects for my group. I would love for you to make a tutorial!

regency jean said...

Pretty and useful, would love to see a tutorial.

regency jean said...

Pretty idea, would love to see your tutorial when you do it.

Anonymous said...

Love theses! So cute! Please, please do a tutorial!

Jolene said...

Adorable! Yes, please do a tutorial!

Dana said...

Love it!! Please post the tutorial

Anonymous said...

I really love these...please do a tutorial!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I noticed your pouches over on SCS. They are so sweet and I love the vivid colours you used. It would be awesome if you would share a tutorial. Have fun at convention.
Sue
aka Mrs Noofy

Corinne said...

Bonsoir
belle idée
je veux bien le tuto
Merci

modie said...

i would love to have a tutorial......

Karen said...

oh yes, please do a tutorial. I love these. Thanks!

jasann said...

These little pouches are so lovely, please do a tutorial!!! Thanks so much for sharing these!!!

Rene from OZ x said...

These are great, I would love the tutorial.
Rene from OZ xo

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

These are beautiful and I ADORE the rustic look. The pics are fine... Would love to see a tutorial I could print and use at a future stamp camp. Lovely! Thanks for sharing

Mrs. B. said...

Count me in on the requests for instructions!

happy stamper said...

sure would love the tutorial thanks

fossilised2010 said...

These are great Di and I would really appreciate a tutorial for making them. I can see lots of uses for them. Thanks for sharing!

Beth B said...

I would also love a tutorial! They are cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Very cute! Would love to see a tutorial.

Carol Rader said...

Same thing as all of the above

Unknown said...

Oh please show us how, I love makings items with the EPB. Thanks

Anonymous said...

These are just lovely .I love making 3D projects and I can see a lot of uses for them. I would also love a tutorial.Please

Anonymous said...

I love these pouches!!!! Would love to see the tutorial so I can make some too!!

Christina B. said...

I would love to get the instructions. These are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the directions or measurements for making these. Would you please share. joycepacer@comcast.net

Jannita said...

Yes I like it, very cute. I like the instruction

Jannita said...

Can you mail at j.hartgers@chello.nl