Tuesday 10 December 2013

A quick & easy Merry Little Christmas

Somehow it's gotten to December 10, so today I'm sharing some quick & easy card ideas using the Merry Little Christmas Simply Created card kit & stamp set bundle. The kit include supplies & instructions to make 8 of the same cards & cute lined envelopes, but with very little time, effort...& cash, I made 8 different cards with my kit....& I LOVE the Merry Little Christmas sentiment.
This card & envelope is made using the kit instructions. cute huh!
There's lots I could have added to 'fancy' up the cards, but I wanted to use see what I could do without using any extra card, paper or tools. I did add a little extra colour by cutting up a pretty polka dot envelope liner from the kit (yes, I just used 1 liner for all 7 cards) & used a real red & coastal cabana markers for the multi-coloured sentiment. That's it! Here's a closer look at each of the cards.
 
  
For the card above, I cut the white flag piece & hid the join under the red strip.
 
 
I completed all 8 cards in less than 2 hours - that's super quick for me. Making more would take heaps less now since I've done the design work. Anyway, I hope they give you some ideas to try too.

Want to make your own version? - there's still time
Simply order online from my store - the clear mount Merry Little Christmas Bundle is just $30.50 (plus s&h) - save 15% on individual pricing. The bundle includes the stamp set & Simply Created Kit (8 cards). Need more cards - order additional 8 card kits for $16.95 each. If you have any questions about my cards, just ask by leaving a comment.
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&productID=132158
 http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&productID=131829
I still have more Christmas to share, so stop by again soon. Thanks for visiting.
PS: thanks to everyone for their lovely comments on my last post. You just make my day! :-)
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Stamps: Merry Little Christmas
Card/Paper: Merry Little Christmas Simply Created Kit
Ink: real red ink pad (card 1), real red marker, coastal cabana marker (cards 2-8)
Accessories: buttons & twine (from kit)

No comments: